|Reference # : ||14-00485
||Title : ||Senior BI Business Analyst|
LOS ANGELES, CA
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||7 Years
||Start Date : ||07/31/2014
| Description |
Job title: Senior BI Business Analyst
Duration: Fulltime Permanent
Location: Los Angeles, CA
IT Department seeks a Sr. Business Analyst to lead application development and systems implementation projects that are heavily focused on data analysis. You will interface with the business customers, defining and documenting requirements while providing project management expertise to assure that projects stay on track. Extensive experience with ETL, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence is required.
- Responsible for providing business requirements to BI Development team and provide project coordination of software deployments for software implementation and data integration projects.
- Project coordination of planning and implementation of new systems, or modification to existing systems while adhering to change management processes.
- Create / Assist in making BRDs (Business Requirement Documents) and FRDs (Functional Requirement Document)
- Create system documentation. Ensure existing documentation is kept up to date.
- Develop business process models, use cases, data flow diagrams.
- Assist in developing project plans and schedules for review by stakeholders.
- Must be technically proficient to analyze data / systems and develop detailed specifications for implementation. Analyze existing applications/systems and create supporting documentation. Document and communicate system changes and issues at all levels.
- Review and coordinate quality assurance and user acceptance testing.
- Coordinate system training, educational tools and materials. Cross-trains the Service Desk to support business systems; provides technical and procedural support for escalated Service Desk calls.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity working in short sprint development cycles
- Experience with Microsoft BI Stack, including: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Results oriented self-starter who can manage multiple time-sensitive assignments.
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills; must work effectively with team members and management. Strong meeting facilitation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail is critical.
- Strong understanding of concepts governing SDLC, relational database and data warehouse structures, reporting / query tools. Proficient in reading and writing SQL statements, ability to analyze and model data.
- Experience with Systems Architect, Business Objects, SSAS, OLAP, ETL.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint.